Food & Drink in Brighton
I think the food quality of Brighton deserves it’s own page…
We have all the decent chains: Bills (before it was a chain), Pho, Pizza Express, Wagamamas, Wahaca, et al. All within reach of the venue.
And we obviously have our fair share of Subway, Starbucks, Costa, McDonald’s and KFC. But… you can eat really well in Brighton.
A handful of recommendations for lunch-scoff augmented by resident CoverageBook lunch expert Emma Beynon.
- Happy Maki - Vegan Sushi Burritos - Pool Valley
- La Choza - Mexican - Gloucester Road
- BabyBao @ The Pond - Excellent bao buns with great vegan options in a lovely pub
- Chilli Pickle - Indian - Jubilee St
- Fatto a Mano - small local chain of Neapolitan-style pizzerias
- Toasted by GB Charcuterie - fancy toasties, coffee
- Kitokito - poke bowls - Trafalgar Street
- Casazul - Mexican - Open Market, London Road
- Smorl’s - Falafel, Hummus - Open Market, London Road
- Little Loaf - Sandwiches & Pastries - Open Market, London Road
- Meatliquor - Filthy Burgers - York Place
- Food for friends - Vege - Ship Street
- Solero - Spanish Tapas - Sydney Street
- Moshimo - Sushi (inc. vegan) - The Lanes
- Bardsley’s - Allegedly the best fish & chips in Brighton - Baker Street
And of course your average pub food in Brighton is pretty great.
- Coffee@33 - Trafalgar Street
- Bread & Milk - Trafalgar Street
- Presuming Ed - London Road
- CoffeeTzar - Trafalgar Street
- Baker Street Coffee - Baker Street
- Moksha Caffe - Also great brunch, best hash browns in Brighton - York Place
- Pelicano - The Level
- Africa House - London Road
- Wolfox - Various
- Several other places, all on Trafaglar St
Supermarkets close to the venue
- HISBE York Place
- Sainsbury’s New England St
- Aldi London Road
Sussex has a strong brewing (proper ales, not lager) tradition. Now I’m in my
thirties forties that’s what I’m allowed to drink.
We have some cash put away at the venue for after-conference drinks, but if you want to move on there are tons of pubs within 10 minutes walk. Pick one, sit in it, you’ll probably like it.